2 DAY COURSE on Wednesday 15 and Thursday 16 MAY 2019
This fully inclusive course includes overnight accommodation on 15 MAY and all catering on both days
VENUE: Holiday Inn, Birmingham Airport, B26 3QW
The course is for APDS members, cost TBA
The aim of this two day course is to:
Equip professionals working within palliative day care services with the knowledge and skills to ensure
the provision of high quality services that meet the needs of all attendees and their families.
By the end of this two day course the student will be able to:-
- Discuss the complex nature of palliative day care services across the UK
- Explore the roles of day care team members
- Examine the strategies and systems that underpin the quality of palliative day care provision
- Identify the components of palliative day care that are required to provide a holistic and individualised service that meets the needs of all attendees and their families.
THE MAIN THEMES OF THE PROGRAMME ARE:
- Contextualising contemporary palliative day services
- Managing palliative day services
- Quality assuring palliative day care services
- Delivering your service to meet the needs of attendees and their families
The content of this course has been mapped against both the NHS Knowledge & Skills Framework and the End of Life Care Competencies.
For further information and a booking form please contact Anne Garley at: Annegarley@gmail.com